Friday, March 25, 2016

HDD Change Out on my Dell Inspiron N5010

Hello all,     I'm going to be going to PAX East 2016 in April so i decided i wanted to bring my laptop just incase.   i decided to upgrade a few things so that i wasn't packing a noob laptop.  (not saying its poo poo or anything)  I am going to be hanging out with 7 gamers one of which is my boyfriend check his stuff out here Beehive of Sensual Pleasures  anyway i have stats here from www.userbenchmark.com what i started out with was a older i5-460m processor a 500gb sata 2 HDD and 4gb 1333mhz of ram a intergrated Radeon HD4650 and running windows 7 pro.

     Couldn't upgrade integrated GPU and the processor wasn't cost effective to upgrade but i had a spare ssd laying around and years ago i upgraded the ram to to 8gb of kingston ram. Also i updated to Windows 10 Pro. Because i upgraded the HDD to an SSD i lost 260GB of space yet i found on Amazon a 2nd hdd bay for only $8usd after swapping out DVD drive i could utilize old HDD.  I have finally upgraded everything so i did disk tests and benchmarks and here is what I got. BTW this upgrade only cost me time and $8





UserBenchmark.com Results


Crystal Disk Results



Parts List


WD3200BEKT-00F3T0 Western Digital 320GB 7200RPM SATA 3.0 Gbps 2.5 inch Scorpio Hard Drive

Western Digital Scorpio Blue 500 GB Bulk/OEM Hard Drive 2.5 Inch, 8 MB Cache, 5400 RPM SATA II WD5000BEVT

WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 Portable Hard Drive

PNY Optima 240GB 2.5-Inch SOLID STATE DRIVE - SSD7SC240GOPT-RB

SATA 2nd HDD caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD/DVD-ROM


My ram is no longer available so i found a close second.

ADATA Premier Series DDR3 1333Mhz 8 GB Laptop Memory Kit 2 x 4 GB CL9 Dual Channel SO-DIMM AD3S1333C4G9-2


Remember To Subscribe to my Youtube channel to follow me live while i'm at PAX East 2016

Subscribe Here



BTW For Comparison This is a Samsung 850 Pro SSD




No comments:

Post a Comment